Secteur: consulting / étude / stratégie
Taille: Moins de 20 employés
Description de l'annonce:
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Geographic Information System (GIS)/Information Technology (IT) Specialist
Department/Location: CCG / Tunis Tunisia
Reports To: Chief of Party or designee
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: Exempt/Managerial Level
IBTCI is currently seeking a dedicated GIS/IT Specialist to support office functions for a USAID-funded monitoring and evaluation project based in Tunis, Tunisia. USAID/Monitoring and Evaluation for Tunisia and Libya (METAL) provides technical support for the achievement of USAID’s strategy goals and development objectives in Tunisia and Libya by assisting its efforts to gain and apply knowledge derived from monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL). This includes the collection, storage and use of activity data, including in areas inaccessible by USAID staff.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
GIS and Database Management (70%)
· Develop and deliver on-demand GIS analysis and GIS information maps.
· Use visualization tools to assist METAL and partners with spatial analytical thinking for improving the project process.
· Provide information and training on use of GIS.
· Collect, manage and analyze data sets from disparate sources and in different formats.
· Provide metadata references for each data set used.
· Implement geo-reference transformations as necessary to bring GIS data into compliance with USAID GeoCenter geo-referencing standards.
· Ensure data integrity.
· Insure timely GIS updates.
· Develop and manage database systems and web-based applications.
IT Support (30%)
· Install, configure, and trouble-shoot IT systems (hardware, software, networks, printers and video conference) in office or external meeting venues.
· Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
· Prepare/evaluate technical specifications to support of procurement of IT equipment.
· Facilitate IT, as well as other aspects of USAID and METAL events, to include information and communications technology platforms operability.
· Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Technical knowledge of industry standard GIS software, Industry best practices, Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI), and creation of geospatial data products.
- Expertise in any one or more of the following: ESRI ArcGIS Online, Google Maps, Google Earth, Java Script, Ajax, Flex, Flash, Silverlight, etc.
- Ability to design databases for information systems, experience with database packages such as My SQL, MS SQL Server, or Oracle highly is desired.
- Ability to collect, manage and analyze remotely sensed and aerial data sets is desired
- Familiarity with a range of IT, video-conferencing and projection equipment.
- Familiarity with a range of relevant software.
- Prior experience with logistics.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- At least 3 years of experience in software programming, database development, and network administration.
- Strong computer skills in database management and data analysis.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in geographic information science, information technology, or other relevant discipline.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Tunis, Tunisia.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.