Taille: Entre 100 et 200 employés
Description de l'annonce:
This project is funded by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs Office of Assistance Coordination and the aim of this project is to improve scientific research in Tunisia to better prevent and treat non-communicable diseases (NCDs) through the establishment of a simulation center that allows doctors and medical students to apply research and test new technologies and treatments. This opportunity aims to improve healthcare quality in Tunisia and strengthen the business climate to become more conducive to private sector-led growth.
Summary of Position:
The Technical Advisor, Research Linkages & Commercialization will be responsible for facilitating the establishment of permanent partnerships and creation of sustainable mechanisms for knowledge exchange between Sfax Faculty of Medicine students and U.S.-based researchers. Moreover, the Technical Advisor will connect Sfax Faculty of Medicine researchers with entrepreneurs and investors in Tunisia, the U.S., and internationally to drive collaboration on new health technologies and increase funding for medical research. The position will be based at the project’s main office with significant travel inside Tunisia. S/he will report to the Technical Project Director
Duties and responsibilities
· Provide technical leadership in program wide activities, including technical leadership in design, development, planning, research, and evaluation of joint research projects between Sfax Faculty of Medicine and U.S. researchers.
· Provide technical assistance and recommendations based on M&E data, global best practices, and lessons learned from other similar programs.
· Maintains a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners.
· Ensures appropriate and timely technical support to project team.
· Ensures the quality of implemented technical activities and systems at all levels.
· Conducts routine coordination with employees and consultants, on-site and in the field.
Desired knowledge, skills, and attributes
· Strong knowledge and skills in research valorization and general understanding of concepts and principles of health innovation and related areas.
· Ability to manage own work to job and performance standards.
· Demonstrates ability to assess needs within agreed upon duties and considers course of action best to meet those needs.
· Effectively applies knowledge of the technical area to solve a range of problems.
· Problem solving involves evaluating and resolving discrepancies with data, analyses, processes, etc. within prescribed guidelines.
· Minimum of a Master’s degree in business administration, finance, or related field.
· 5-8 years of relevant experience in providing technical assistance to research/public health/private sector development projects in the MENA region.
· Has ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
· Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
· Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
· Must be able to read, write and speak fluent Arabic, English, and French
· Experience in research commercialization.