Taille: Entre 100 et 200 employés
Description de l'annonce:
This project is funded by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs Office of Assistance Coordination and the aim of this project is to improve scientific research in Tunisia to better prevent and treat non-communicable diseases (NCDs) through the establishment of a simulation center that allows doctors and medical students to apply research and test new technologies and treatments. This opportunity aims to improve healthcare quality in Tunisia and strengthen the business climate to become more conducive to private sector-led growth.
Summary of Position:
The MEL Advisor will be responsible for the design, implementation and technical quality of all monitoring and evaluation activities on the project. S/he will ensure that systems are in place to ensure quality data reporting and promote learning and knowledge sharing. The M&E Lead will also direct implementation science and evidence utilization for the project. S/he will develop and deploy systems to make data, tools, materials, and products relevant to M&E, available timely to the project. This position will communicate, connect, and coordinate with other HQ and country office technical staff, partners, faculty, government and stakeholders, and donor to ensure successful design and implementation of the M&E portfolio of activities expected. This position will provide highest level strategic technical and program M&E leadership and quality assurance and will take a lead role in disseminating lessons learned from M&E at national and regional forums. The position will be based at the project’s main office, and s/he will report to the Technical Project Director.
Duties and responsibilities
· Lead the design and implementation of the project’s M&E activities, including developing and executing the project’s evaluation and result measurement plan.
· Support the project leadership and partners to develop and implement appropriate M&E standards and guidelines.
· Provide technical assistance on the design and implementation of qualitative studies and quantitative surveys for NCDs, educational and social services, including sampling strategies, survey instruments, survey implementation, data analysis, report writing, and dissemination of results. This may include cross sectional surveys, trials for improved practices (TIPS), sentinel surveillance, lot quality assurance sampling, focus group discussions, in-depth interviews.
· Oversee the dissemination of information on project evaluations, successful and promising approaches, lessons-learned and other program results to local, national and regional-level intergovernmental bodies, funders, partners, and other stakeholders.
· Promote forums that facilitate collaboration, learning and action as a result of this information among these actors.
· Contribute to strengthening data collection and information systems including providing capacity building (TA and training) as needed in strategic collection and use of data to track inputs, processes, outputs, and outcomes, undertaking periodic reviews and participating in planning M&E system to strengthen actions, as well as other initiatives.
· Contribute to work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and others summarizing project results and evidence.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired knowledge, skills, and attributes
· In-depth knowledge of educational and social services, simulation mode of teaching, NCDs, including medical faculties, governmental and non-governmental contexts.
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others, including developing and maintaining compatibility among project staff, consultants, partners and recipients of project TA and support.
· Demonstrated management and team-building skills, including relevant experience in direct supervision of professional staff.
· Articulate and able to communicate in a clear, professional manner with clients and staff.
· Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political, ethical issues surrounding Tunisian medical community.
· Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume workflow.
· Bachelor's degree in monitoring and evaluation, public health, demography, health management, social science, biostatistics, statistics, or related field. Master's degree or higher preferred.
· Minimum of eight years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility in designing, implementing, managing, and leading M&E activities for large public health programs, including educational and social service, NCDs, technical assistance, health systems strengthening, integrated health service delivery, human capacity, and organizational capacity development.
· Strong quantitative or mixed-method analytical skills. Must be able to use MS Excel Word, PowerPoint, and Access, and at least one data management software program, such as R, SAS, or SPSS. Experience training others in its use is highly desirable.
· Demonstrated ability to engage in knowledge management and be able to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences, including excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, as well as strong oral presentation skills in English. Ability to undertake extensive local travel, and limited international travel as assigned.