Secteur: consulting / étude / stratégie
Taille: Entre 20 et 100 employés
Description de l'annonce:
Chemonics seeks Technical Experts for the anticipated USAID Tunisia Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Project in Tunisia. The project aims to support the Government of Tunisia’s efforts to meet increasing demand for electricity and promote energy conservation. The project will leverage available external sources of as
Tunisia Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Project
sistance (including capital) to catalyze renewable energy development with as and provide expert guidance to project leadership and the client. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a dthe public sector creating the necessary conditions for supporting and facilitating private sector-led energy investments; and supporting efficiency improvement interventions that produce energy savings. The Technical Experts will lead technical activities in the following areifference in the lives of people around the world.
Chemonics seeks Technical Experts Leads in the following areas:
Renewable Energy Investment: Technical Experts will work with government bodies to improve the legal and regulatory framework for public and private investment in the power sector. Experts will work with private sector entities as well as government stakeholders to attract long-term energy investment in renewable energy, in the context of grid-connected projects, commercial and industrial self-supply installations, distributed energy resources (including rooftop solar), and off-grid uses. Experts will support public sector stakeholders in the preparation and implementation of auctions for the procurement of new renewable energy capacity.
Energy Efficiency: Technical Experts will work with private sector and public sector stakeholders to develop and support programs and initiatives to expand capacity in the area of energy management in commercial and industrial organizations; support investment in energy efficiency in commercial and industrial facilities as well as in the residential sector; and design and implement programs with commercial financial institutions to increase financing for energy efficiency.
Power Sector Systems and Regulation: Technical Experts will promote system and sector reliability by supporting improvements in sector planning, identifying improvements and investments in transmission and distribution networks, and assessing the feasibility of deploying battery storage. Experts will also provide analytical and advisory services on regulatory and tariff issues to support improvements and reforms that will enhance the financial and technical position of energy sector institutions. Technical Experts will coordinate with stakeholders such as system operators to integrate new regulatory frameworks and regional opportunities, such as wind farms, solar panels, and natural gas integration.
Energy Governance: Technical Experts will support the development and implementation of initiatives to support reforms in the energy sector, increasing the transparency of sector administration, enhancing the quality of public communications on energy sector issues, and mobilizing public support for regulatory and other reforms.
- Drive technical activities and program development to achieve USAID’s core objectives in Renewable Energy Investment, Energy Efficiency, Power Sector System and Regulations, and Energy Governance
- Track implementation progress and ensure timely delivery of all deliverables
- Lead a technical team of long-term and short-term experts and provide quality control of products prepared
- Liaise with private sector and public sector officials; i.e. STEG, ANME, Ministry of Industries and Energy.
- Provide guidance for achieving core objectives such as the following: Strengthened energy security; regional integration; regulatory assessment and reform; strengthened institutional capacity; and increased investment in infrastructure
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of project activities and adapt program implementation to regional regulatory, market or system developments
- Serve as the primary technical point of contact for Chief of Party and ensure technical implementation is in compliance with all applicable USAID and host-country regulations
- Advanced degree in Energy/Environmental Policy, Economics/Finance, Engineering, or a related field
- Eight years of technical work experience in the relevant field with demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team
- Experience implementing energy programs in Tunisia, MENA region, or elsewhere.
- Demonstrated ability to work with program partners, including government agencies (USG and host), regulatory bodies, utilities, the private sector, NGOs, civil society and consumers
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills, and exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Arabic and French language skills required, Intermediate English required, English fluency preferred
Please send electronic submissions Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your CV and cover letter with “Position Title” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an employer that does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.