Taille: Entre 20 et 100 employés
Description de l'annonce:
The Finance Manager is a member of the company senior management team and part of MIZA Corps Finance Department, and as such is responsible for all aspects of financial management of the country projects, working collaboratively to ensure compliance with MIZA internal policies and procedures. S/he works under the direction of the Country Director and is responsible for all financial functions in Tunisia & Libya, including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting and grant financial management and compliance.
The Finance Manager, in support of the Program Department, provides timely reports and assistance to the Country Director and the Projects team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Oversee and manage daily country-wide accounting and finance functions including the timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, inventory, receivables, and payables.
• Plan and implement systems for financial operations in both the main country office and in field offices in accordance with the country regulations, including systems for cash flow management, budgeting, consolidation of accounting information, internal controls, financial reporting, financial record-keeping, grant management and compliance.
• Perform internal audits and reviews as required to ensure compliance with country and company requirements.
• Provide on-going technical support for drafting and reviewing budgets and financial narratives for new proposal development. Take the lead as appropriate in the budget development process including facilitation of review and feedback of budget by MIZA HQ Management.
• Ensure compliance with MIZA ’s procurement policies and procedures for all goods and services.
• Develop and maintain local office policies and procedures and provide training for all issues related to local financial matters.
Strategy & Vision
• Recognize opportunities for innovative action and create an environment of empowerment.
• Set direction by prioritizing and organizing actions and resources to achieve objectives and contribute to country-wide strategy development.
• Develop the capacity of the team, deepen understanding of their roles and assist with career development.
• Assist team members with information, tools and resources to improve performance & reach objectives.
• Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback informally and formally via regular one on ones and performance reviews.
• Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
• Hire, orient and lead team members as necessary.
Operations – Financial
• Ensure effective, transparent use of financial resources in compliance with policies and procedures.
• Maintain banking relations and plan and monitor country cash flow requirements to ensure the smooth implementation of Miza projects.
• Provide monthly standard accounting submissions to MIZA Headquarters Management, including general ledger files, account reconciliations, expenditures by cost center/project, required subgrantee reporting, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
• Provide monthly management reports to the Country Director, including expenditures by cost center/project, subgrantee reporting and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner.
• Develop annual fiscal year budgets with the Country Director, develop, and implement grant budgeting and forecasting systems.
Influence & Representation
• Interface with the local finance authorities to convey information about programs as appropriate.
• Communicate with our partners as well as any sub-grantees, to verify their systems and that they understand and follow all appropriate procedures and archiving.
• Consistently demonstrate flexibility, resilience and ability to maintain positive relationships and composure, even under difficult circumstances.
• Maintain high ethical standards and treat people with respect and dignity.
• Demonstrate an awareness of his/her own strengths and development Security.
• Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
• Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
Knowledge and Experience
• A BA/S or equivalent in accounting or finance required; advanced degree preferred.
• At least 4 years of progressive financial management experience, including supervisory experience required.
• At least 4 years’ experience in Financial management in high volume retail business (e.g Telecom recharge, airline tickets, credit card reconciliation etc …as well as an understanding of local finance regulations required.
• Demonstrated experience and skill with budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
• Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of the general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheet.
• Demonstrated experience in working on SAGE accounting system .
• Prior management experience and strong organizational skills.
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
• Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills.
• Excellent oral and written English & French skills required; proficiency in Arabic is preferred.
• Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment.
The successful candidate will have an ability to interact effectively across international and national projects and finance teams successfully, both in a managerial as well as training capacity.
S/he will be able to support programmatic objectives with timely and meaningful financial information, have a demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities.
An impeccable professional standard of finance and procurement ethics and the willingness
The Finance Manager must be willing to travel regularly to MZIA offices and project sites.
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions
The Finance Manager is based in Tunis and it requires traveling by flight or vehicle to Field offices in Tunisia or Libya.