Secteur: informatique / télécoms
Taille: Moins de 20 employés
Description de l'annonce:
Access Now is an international human rights organization dedicated to defending and extending the digital rights of users at risk around the world, including issues of privacy, security, freedom of expression, and transparency. Our Policy, Advocacy, Technology, and Grantmaking teams have staff presences in Europe, Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East/North Africa (MENA), North America, and South/Southeast Asia, to provide global support to our mission.
About the Access Now Helpline
The Access Now Digital Security Helpline is a globally distributed team who provides 24/7 incident response, digital security advice, and implementation support for civil society around the world. We offer real-time, direct technical assistance and advice to civil society groups & activists, media organizations, journalists & bloggers, and human rights defenders.
About the Role
As a Security Incident Handler, you will be responsible for providing digital security advice and emergency incident response to civil society groups around the globe as part of Access Now’s 24/7 Digital Security Helpline. This role is perfect for a quick learner who is excited by Access Now’s’ mission and is eager to provide amazing technical advice and service to human rights defenders in MENA and around the world!
We’re looking for an individual who is dedicated to our mission and has unshakable integrity and personal ethics. The Security Incident Handler will need to be responsible and resourceful, well organized, and have excellent communication skills that are best put to the test in high stress emergency environments.
This role will report to the Tunis Security Shift Lead and Access Now’s senior Tech managers as appropriate.
We do not expect applicants to have all the qualifications or responsibilities described below. We expect Incident Handlers to grow into their role but also to make it their own.
Women and LGBTQI individuals are encouraged to apply. We are keen to receive applications from people who consider themselves under-represented in the security and/or technology communities — even if they feel they meet only some of the qualifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform incident rapid response duties via various communications methods such as email, chat, audio and video;
- Provide risk assessments and give digital security advice and recommendations, in written and verbal formats;
- Give security and awareness training to clients;
- Be available for travel globally;
- Ability to work on a flexible, shift schedule;
- Keep technical knowledge and skills up to date.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Prior experience working with, or interest in supporting women and/or queer communities, civil society, and human rights defender organizations in the region is preferred;
- Skills in gender analysis and awareness;
- Strong cultural understanding and experience across the region;
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience working in incident response or customer support escalation teams;
- Interest in training and user education;
- Essential technical skills include troubleshooting and analyzing complex and time-sensitive issues, familiarity with Microsoft Windows (XP – 10), MacOS, and Linux-based operating systems;
- Familiarity with anonymity and circumvention tools, security technologies, risk assessment frameworks is an advantage.
A level of education that when combined with your professional experience will show you have the capability to contribute meaningfully to Access Now Digital Security Helpline and the users we support. Candidates who have relevant academic degrees or security certifications are encouraged to apply, but this is a plus — not a requirement.
Fluency in English and Arabic is essential. Applicants who can speak and write in an additional language are preferred.
This is a full-time position based in Tunis, Tunisia. Expected working hours will go from 9 a.m. UTC +1 to 5 p.m. UTC+1 with occasional meetings out of business hours.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
We offer benefits to help our employees embrace new challenges and allow them to advance their career, this includes technical training, language training, health benefits, travel, and access to our global network of knowledge and expertise!