Taille: Plus de 500 employés
Description de l'annonce:
Title of Position: Interpreter Assistant (Multiple Positions)
Level: Individual Contract, LICA-4 (UNOPS)
Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Effective date: As soon as possible
Duration: Until 31st of December 2018
Closing Date: 21 October 2018.
The Interpreter Assistant will work under the direct supervision of an Associate RSD Officer/RSD Officer. The incumbent may play a supervisory role in overlooking the day-to-day activities related to interpretation and translation services. H/She has working relationships with UNHCR staff members in the office and other offices within the country of assignment as well as with staff of UN agencies and other UNHCR partners within the zone of operation to exchange information and to provide assistance.
Responsibilities(process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Interprets and/or translates during all Refugee Status Determination interviews and Resettlement interviews. May be required to assist other units if urgent need arises.
- Interprets and translates all necessary documents needed for the organization’s needs.
- Interprets and translates from official documents ,newspapers, articles, written reports, magazines etc.;
- May be required to interpret oral conversations, discussions and interviews especially when attending meetings with high ranking officials, diplomats and others;
- Travels with international staff on their missions to the field for interpretation and other assistance, as needed;
- May be required to arrange meetings, both internal and external, some involving high-ranking officials and takes minutes/notes;
- Responds to queries relating to the area of responsibility;
- Performs other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE and COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Secretarial Work, Translation or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of previous relevant experience in the interpretation/ translation ;
- Fluency in English and Arabic and any other relevant UN language and an excellent knowledge of the local languages will be an added asset.
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
- Translation skills
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
- Interested candidates are to complete, sign and submit in a pdf format a new Personal History Form (Nov 2017 version) which includes a Letter of Interest for the specific position prior to the closing date of the vacancy notice through
- This position may be subject to a written test. Only short–listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates must be Tunisian citizens or hold a valid local work permit at the time of application. No relocation fees apply.
- UNHCR is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. UNHCR follows a strict non-smoking environment policy.
The new Personal History Form is available in the recruitment portal including a supplementary sheet. The personal history form will need to be duly completed with up to date information and signed. Applications missing any of the above elements, will unfortunately not be considered. No late applications will be accepted.