Taille: Entre 20 et 100 employés
Description de l'annonce:
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job
Provide support to all financial issues regarding the DRC Maghreb programme in close coordination with the Finance Manager. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Handle withdrawal of cash from the bank
- Handle cash payments for petty expenses in addition to advances, salaries and allowances given to staff members and maintain the related files
- Conduct cash count on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Scan vouchers and other documents on a monthly basis for HQ
- Maintain filing system for vouchers and other documents and ensure they are updated, complete and safeguarded
- Prepare payments in checks & wires, in all currencies
- Prepare tax certificate of withholding tax to vendors.
- Ensure all finance documents are stamped paid when check is issued, or cash is paid.
- Ensure all finance documents are filed serially and clearly labelled so that they can be easily accessed.
- Ensure transactions are paid according to threshold and advice for cash payment
- Ensure description of vouchers are clearly and accurately written
- Ensure payments to staff, vendors and other parties are performed on time
- Monitor advances to ensure that all are settled within the approved time limit.
- Training other finance officers and liaising with local partners as required
- Follow up with field offices for any transfers submitted.
- Any other duties assigned by Finance Manager and/or Head of Finance & Administration
Type of Contract: National
Contract length: up to 31st of December 2018 with possibility of extention depending on performance
Designation of Duty Station: Tunis
Start date: 05/06/2018
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer todrc.ngo under Vacancies.
Allapplicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 31/05/2018 at mignight.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visitdrc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our websitedrc.ngo
Exigences de l'emploi
To be successful in this role we expect you to have at least 1 year of experience as Finance Assistant in an NGO. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- University degree in finance or accounting
- Good English skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel)
- Strong communication and team work skills
- Reliable, rigorous and well organized
- Previous experience as finance assistant with NGO for a minimum of one year.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence:You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating:You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead:You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating:You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity:You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.