Taille: Entre 100 et 200 employés
Description de l'annonce:
This project is funded by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs Office of Assistance Coordination and the aim of this project is to improve scientific research in Tunisia to better prevent and treat non-communicable diseases (NCDs) through the establishment of a simulation center that allows doctors and medical students to apply research and test new technologies and treatments. This opportunity aims to improve healthcare quality in Tunisia and strengthen the business climate to become more conducive to private sector-led growth.
Summary of Position:
The Technical Project Director will direct the development and implementation process of CURES services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing projects. Represents FHI 360 in relationships with DOS, Sfax University, and other key stakeholders. Plans and directs schedules and monitors budget/spending. Monitors the project/program from initiation through delivery. Organizes the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/program on schedule and within budget constraints. The position will be based at the project’s main office with significant travels inside Tunisia.
The TPD will be responsible for coordination and will act as liaison between Sfax University, its local partners (e.g., Technopole, Ministry of Health) and the international universities to ensure that project goals are met and are aligned with donor expectations.
Duties and responsibilities
· Lead the design and effective implementation of the project.
· Sets budgets, goals, and develops procedures and training for department staff.
· Develops and recommends solutions to management for projects, programs and corporate
· Build and maintain relationships with key public officials, civil society leaders, professional association leaders, relevant hospital directors and hospital departments managers, and other relevant stakeholders.
· Manage local consultants and contractors, monitoring their adherence to proposed timelines for deliverables and sub-deliverables and anticipating bottlenecks and roadblocks.
· Ensure flow of communication regarding project progress and challenges to FHI 360’s Tunis Field Office and DC headquarters.
· Provide technical input into project activity design, implementation, monitoring, and reporting.
· Manage project team, delegating work appropriately according to the skills of each teammate and ensuring a harmonious and collaborative work environment.
· Ensure compliance with FHI 360 and State Department guidelines, policies, and procedures in managing program.
· Review important project-related documents for quality, comprehensiveness, and accuracy.
Desired knowledge, skills and attributes
· Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with program management and technical development.
· Strong expertise in the management of complex projects – experience with projects in the public health, collaborative scientific research projects and/or research commercialization fields a plus.
· Extensive network of contacts in the Tunisian healthcare sector strongly preferred, including among professional associations, the Ministry of Health, and private medical supply and healthcare providers.
· Strong organizational, interpersonal, critical thinking and communication skills.
· Skilled at relationship building and network development with organizations and individuals.
· Strong skills in MS Office, specifically MS Word, Excel, and Outlook (as well as Teams and SharePoint preferred).
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively in English and French. Arabic is a plus.
· Excellent and demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to influence, motivates, negotiate, and work well with others.
· Bachelor's degree in public health, demography, health management, social science, biostatistics, statistics, or related field; or equivalent experience. Master's degree or higher preferred.
· Minimum of eight years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility in designing, implementing and leading public health projects, NCDs related scientific research, or related experiences.
· Strong quantitative or mixed-method analytical skills. Must be able to use MS Excel Word,
· Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English, French, and Arabic