Secteur: enseignement / formation / puériculture
Taille: Entre 20 et 100 employés
Description de l'annonce:
OBJECTIVE OF ROLE
● Contribute to the effective delivery of teaching and learning in Economics and Business Studies at both IGCSE and A Level, to ensure excellent progress and achievement.
● Promote the role of Economics and Business Studies in the wider life of CIST, including through extra-curricular activities.
● Play an active role in developing, sustaining and modelling the skills, attributes and
behaviours of a high-performing teaching and learning team.
● Promote excellence in teaching and learning to ensure all students develop to their full potential and are equipped for life beyond school.
● Exemplify best practice in own classroom, and share good practice throughout the department
● Take part in the regular review and development of schemes of work, keeping up to date with current educational initiatives with your own subject and beyond, ensuring that excellent practice and high standards of teaching and learning are maintained;
● Plan effectively, ensuring lessons provide pace, motivation and challenge.
● Demonstrate good ICT skills
● Follow whole school policies relating to the marking of student’s work, and the assessment, recording and reporting of student attainment.
● Maintain a stimulating and meaningful display of student’s work, ensuring that it is regularly
updated and relevant to topics being taught.
● Attend Staff meetings as required.
● Maintain classroom discipline, employing sanctions when necessary, in accordance with the School behaviour policy.
● Be proactive in communicating with parents regarding both pastoral and academic issues
● Join in with and be supportive of school events and activities generally.
● Cover the lessons of absent staff as required
● Provide work in the case of own absence
● Teach lessons in non-specialist subject areas as required
● Develop and maintain good relationships with parents and the local community
● Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested by the Headteacher.
The candidate should possess relevant subject teaching experience in Economics and Business Studies, with the ability to teach A Level up to Year 13 being desirable.
● Contribute to the effective delivery of teaching and learning in Economics and Business
Studies up to at least IGCSE, to ensure excellent progress and achievement.
● Promote the role of Economics and Business Studies in the wider life of the school, including through extra-curricular activities.
● Recent Safeguarding training.
● To recognise students’ learning needs and to communicate these effectively to other professionals.
● To work effectively in a team, taking the lead when required.
● Excellent communication skills at all levels orally and in writing.
● Excellent ICT skills including some familiarity with school management information systems.
● Good administrative and record-keeping skills.
● Proven competence in working – Independently and under pressure.
● An excellent punctuality and attendance record.
● Commitment to principles and policies of CIST and understanding of how they apply to teaching and learning.
● Job starting date:
1st January 2021
Closing date for applications
31st December 2020