Secteur: tourisme / hôtellerie / restauration / loisirs
Taille: Entre 200 et 500 employés
Description de l'annonce:
Hotel is looking for Sous Chef:
- Supervise all employees during set-up, service and breakdown for each meal period.
- To verify that all scheduled staff is present and signed-in.
- To ensuring training is occurring on an ongoing basis with all employees.
- To maintain discipline and motivation for employees. Ensure proper training is given to all line cooks.
- Actively work with restaurant manager, stewarding, and engineering in having a smooth operation.
- To assume full responsibility in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- To participate in the scheduling and performance evaluation of kitchen employees.
- To respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- To perform other tasks or projects assigned by hotel management and staff.
- Support other kitchen department when required.
- To be able to prepare Asian, Western or Local a la carte menu items.
- To expedite orders on the line, by getting involved, coordinating, checking and managing the line.
- Control all food preparation/storage.
- Ensure the service and foods prepared are up to Hotel’s standard.
- To requisite all food items needed daily from the food storeroom in concert with all cooks.
- To verify the taste and presentation of food produced prior to meal periods.
- To inspect and supervise the sanitation and maintenance of equipment.
- To ensure that proper work orders is made and follow up accordingly.
- Creative skills in preparation of cold salad.
- Breakfast experience and knowledge.
- To control labor and food costs.
- To perform daily storeroom inspections of all walk-in refrigerators to ensure that proper rotation of food is done.
- To assist the storeroom Receiving Clerk in reviewing the quality of goods received as necessary.
- To review the refrigerator areas of the kitchen and storerooms to ensure the proper usage of merchandise.
- To monitor and control the labor maximize productivity to produce a quality product while adhering to labor standards.
- To monitor and control the food cost by creative menu planning, keeping waste to a minimum.
- To assist in the development of a safe and clean working environment.Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Previous significant experience in a related position
- Fluent English and French (written, spoken and reading)
- Kitchen Management experience in a luxury Hotel and experience managing a multi-cultural team is essential.