Taille: Moins de 20 employés
Description de l'annonce:
For 50 years, we’ve been campaigning for human rights wherever justice, freedom and truth are denied. We’ve reshaped policies, challenged governments and taken corporations to task. In doing so, we’ve changed thousands of lives for the better. Join Amnesty at our new regional office in Tunisia and you will too.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a campaigner, you will develop and implement effective advocacy and campaigning strategies For Tunisia and Libya. You will work in a multicultural environment, engaging with Amnesty International staff and members all over the world, as well as representing Amnesty with international, regional and national human rights organisations and movements.
This is an exciting role where you’ll have a huge opportunity to make a difference by developing innovative campaign tactics and techniques, capitalising on communications and social media channels, and identifying and fostering opportunities for partnership and collaboration with other social and human rights movements and communities addressing issues affecting people in Tunisia and Libya.
You have experience in campaign design and delivery, project management and planning ideally in an international campaigning organisation. You understand the strategy, methodologies and tactics behind making an impact. You’ll also have a good understanding of what it takes to mobilise people and adapt campaigns to audiences from different cultures and geographies.
With experience of working on human rights issues, you have in-depth knowledge of the socio-political and economic context in Tunisia and Libya.
You must also have the capability both to work on your own initiative and as a member of a large and diverse team, often under pressure.
You have the ability to identify opportunities to ensure our voice has authority and have a strong network. A natural collaborator, you need influential communication skills, impartial political judgement, coupled with strong strategic Thinking. You have excellent written and verbal Arabic, French and English.
· To contribute to the development of overarching research and campaigning strategies to deliver impact, and to lead on the development and implementation of specific campaigning strategies to support them, managing and coordinating actions on human rights concerns in specific countries and other geographical or thematic areas aimed at effecting change in the human rights situation
· To support and liaise with AI membership structures and maintain and develop networks of national and international NGOs and other external partners in the development and implementation of campaigning strategies and plans
· To write or otherwise devise campaigning and other materials for external and internal use, such as reports, annual report entries, public statements, web features, audio-visual materials and government correspondence
· To research the most effective ways to campaign on human rights concerns and monitor and conduct evaluations of campaigning strategies and plans
· To monitor and analyze political and human rights developments and conduct research as appropriate into human rights contexts and individual cases, including by participating in field research and through contact with partners on the ground
· To communicate AI’s concerns, positions and key messages to AI’s membership, civil society organizations and at other forums, including through lobbying at relevant public forums in relation to campaigning priorities and undertaking other advocacy, and in addition, as appropriate, represent AI in governmental, inter-governmental and various public forums, as well as with the news media and others
· To contribute to the development of sub-regional and region-wide strategies and plans for research and campaigning and provide input into internal discussions on the AI mission, policy, organizational and other issues in order to increase the effectiveness of AI’s work
· To participate in the coordination of the work of the team and contribute to the overall flexibility of resource use, including through setting priorities, preparing work plans, monitoring their progress and maintaining basic budgets
To perform all necessary administrative tasks to ensure effective self-servicing, participate in the recruitment and induction of new staff and consultants and perform other corporate tasks as appropriate
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to motivate and inspire others towards activism for change, including through creative and dynamic approaches to encourage campaigning in the face of obstacles and including an understanding of digital campaigning tools and their appropriate use for target audiences to ensure both online and offline activism and mobilisation
- Fluent written and verbal Arabic, French and English
Please submit your application in below link